Tuesday, May 8, 2012

You're Welcome

In order to make up my long absence to you I will share with you the most amazingly easy yet delicious recipe ever. I found it on Pinterest. It was so simple it didn't even link to a page, the directions were just right there under the picture. Take 4-6 chicken breasts. Put in the crock pot. Dump in one jar of your favorite salsa and one envelope of taco seasonings. Cook on high for 4-5 hours. While you are doing other things because you don't have to worry about complicated preparations for dinner you can pause every so often to sniff appreciatively and think "what is that that smells so good" and then think "oh yeah, it's my dinner." After 4 hours take chicken out, reserve 1/2 cup of broth. Shred chicken (another Pinterest tip, if you have a mixer with a paddle attachment simply put hot chicken breasts in mixing bowl and mix using paddle attachment about 15-20 seconds yields perfectly shredded chicken.) Put chicken back in crock pot and pour reserved broth over. I serve this with taco shells and the usual taco fixins'. It makes enough to serve 4 adults and 2 kids and have leftovers. I think tomorrow night I'm going to serve the leftovers with rice and beans. Easy peasy and super yummy!

1 comment: